NAC has evolved in recent years from Network Access Control to
Network Admission Control. Network access control has gone the way
of the dodo bird because of its heavy costs in overhead, deployment
and support combined with its lack of true security effectiveness
being more concerned about patch updates versus what, who and policy
aspects. Network Admission Control, true and current NAC, eliminates
those costs burdens while providing real security. In today's office
environment, many types of devices connect in the network for
internet access, including user and non-user devices, such as
printers, imaging machines and VoIP phones. In order to apply
security and your Acceptable Use Policies, the first action you need
for a solution is to identity all devices on that is connecting to
your network. Second is to determine which of those devices are
authorized to be on your network. Offices commonly have devices
being brought into the network that belong to guests, contractors,
auditors or even uninvited visitors. This second component is
especially true in education, healthcare, government and enterprise
offices where people enter and leave the premises regularly. The
last step is to enforce security policies based on steps one and two
that enable access, quarantine unknown devices, or apply other
security decisions like blocking.
DeepNines Network Admission Control empowers security conscience
organizations to inspect and detect all networked devices to ensure
the device meets security policies without introducing the
complexity, cost and management of an installed client, allowing
comprehensive protection and control of user, non-user and guest
devices. DeepNines NAC is a network-based product that eliminates
all costs and complexities in managing client software. NAC also
provides the admission to the network and control once entered in
order to provide complete Web security for your network.
- Device agnostic to identify all networked devices attempting
- Easy to manage and control
- Protection from Web threats, zero-hour threats, and network
attacks such as DoS
- Complete scalability for organizations of all sizes
- Reduces gaps in security of guests, contractors, auditors or
- Increases network efficiency
- Protect against today�s Web 2.0 threats with the seamless integration of intrusion prevention, deep packet inspection, Web proxy blocking, anti-malware, zero-hour attack detection and data loss prevention.
- Control users, content and applications, with insight into what content and applications users are accessing and how they interact with Web applications, as well as complete bandwidth management, application control and network availability.
- Manage the system centrally with complete network visibility and reporting on threats, users and usage to ensure the network is secure, efficient and capable of scaling with features including total network visibility, centralized management, and reporting, central policy creation, user identification, delegated administration, and high availability
DeepNines Secure Web Gateway integrates intrusion prevention, firewall, proxy blocking, bandwidth management, content inspection and application control into a single platform with all of these elements working together seamlessly to provide complete network protection and control. Secure Web Gateway features a modular design with additional options for content filtering and malware to create fully customizable solution that meets your needs. Secure Web Gateway inspects all traffic entering and exiting the network, across all ports and protocols while performing at gigabit speeds.
- Virtual Events - Schedule a one-on-one
webcast demonstration of DeepNines solutions for education,
or attend a bi-monthly event to learn about how DeepNines
can help you in protecting, controlling and managing the
- Product Materials- Download the product
resource material you need, including case studies, whitepapers,
datasheets, solution notes and technical notes.
- Live Demo - Schedule a one-on-one,
live demonstration of DeepNines education solutions intended
for technical audiences, walking you through the management
and administration of the Secure Web Gateway appliance.
- Virtual Demo - View a self-paced, on-demand
virtual demonstration of DeepNines education solutions for
administrative-level audiences to learn how the product
brings value and protection to your district.